Dear Friend of Our Lady of America,
The Church is not only a social institution. The Church is the Mystical Body of Christ. It forms one whole with Him and this union between head and members is conserved and nourished by the Holy Eucharist. The coronavirus pandemic has motivated the shutdown of Catholic churches around the globe.This not only has stopped regular Mass attendance but also impeded access to other sacraments for the faithful Catholic .
These are some suggestions to the bishops to make the Sacraments available to their people:
- 1.Open the churches for specific hours—even dawn to dusk—every day.
- 2. Eucharistic Adoration at all times at least two people are present.
- 3. Presence restricted to every third pew.
- 4. Six feet separation in pews, except for same-home-occupants.
- 5. One-way aisles.
- 6. Schedule Masses at 1-3 times per day, at least 3 hours apart, so overflow can find a time to attend.
- 7. Confessions as needed between Masses, with Eucharistic Adoration.
- 8. Receive Communion from a single file with 6 feet separation. Use one-way-aisles, and masked distributor. Host only!
- 9. All wear masks entering and leaving the Church.
- 10. Other . . . ??